There are four basic steps to installing Pirouette on your server:
- Install the Pirouette libraries and files,
- Configure the web server to point to Pirouette,
- Configure a Pirouette instance,
- Create the Pirouette database.
Installing Pirouette is a relatively complex task designed for system administrators. Please back up your system before making any changes.
The following software and server components must be installed on your server:
- IIS (the web service)
- SQL Server (the database engine – you may also use SQL Server Express Edition)
Please understand the performance implications of scanning SQL Server data files with anti-virus software. For more information, see this article: