Use the Residence record to document the client’s address and related housing details.
To enter a new residence record:
1. Open the client file (Menu → Clients and Contacts → All Clients) and use the Next button to go to the History section of the file.
2. Select the Create icon located in the upper right corner of the list. This will bring you to the New History Item Helper which lists all of the available history items.
3. In the Housing section, select Residence and select the related “Create” link; this will bring you to a new residence record.
4. Enter the appropriate information. If you indicate that the client lives in a program residence (i.e.: a residence operated by the agency), the address fields will be hidden, and a pulldown field will appear for you to select the appropriate residence.
5. When you are finished, save and close the record.
To show that the client is no longer living at this location, uncheck the Current Residence checkbox; this will bring the End Date field into view so you can enter the date the client moved out.
Tip: do not edit the current Residence record to show a client’s change in address. End the current record, then enter a new Residence record to show the new address.