You can create as many programs as required to reflect your organization, including programs with different funding sources. You can also group programs together through the use of parent/child configurations to create program hierarchies. It’s helpful to document your program structure beforehand, especially if you have multiple programs or a program hierarchy, so you can refer to this when you start adding programs to Pirouette.
To add a program:
1. Go to the Menu at the top of the page, go to the System section, and select Program. This will bring you to the central list of programs.
2. Select the Create icon located in the upper right corner of the list to create a new program record.
3. Enter the appropriate information, and use the Parent Program field to create the program structure:
- make the current program a top-level program by selecting Top-Level Program in this field, or
- make the current program a child program in a program hierarchy by selecting the desired parent program in this field (note that you can only do this once the desired parent program has been added to the program list)
4. Use the Next button at the top of the page to go to the Functional Centres and Regions page, in order to record this information.
5. Use the Next button at the top of the page to go to the Service Evaluation and Languages page, in order to record this information.
When you are finished, save and close the record.