The History section is used to track a client’s status in a variety of areas: intake/enrollment, employment, financial, etc. The information here does not get changed or deleted. Instead, new information or history items are added to reflect changes in a client’s status. This allows you to view the client’s current status as well as an accurate client history.
The following is an overview of how to create a new history item.
1. Go to the History section of the client file and select the Create icon located in the upper right corner of the list. This will bring you to the New History Item Helper which lists all of the available history items.
Tip: you can also access the New History Item Helper directly from the Client Summary Page by selecting the Create icon in the Current Status – Key Items list.
2. There are four categories of history items and each category has its own “Create” link:
- Intake – “Create New Intake Item”
- Management – “Create New Management Item”
- Case Management – “Create New Case Management Item”
- Housing – “Create New Housing Item”
3. Select the desired history item from the list and select the related “Create” link to create the item.
4. Enter the record with the appropriate information.
5. When you are finished, use the Save button at the top of the page to save your work.
Detailed instructions on how to enter each type of history item are provided under Section 4: History Items in Detail.